Volunteerss have been an integral part of the Queen's Medical Center for over 150 years. They provide invaluable services - never asking or expecting compensation. During an average month, over 300 volunteers give from their hearts to Queen's patients in 70 nursing units and departments.
Queen's Volunteers assist with:
- Mobile Library
- Wheelchair assistance
- Gift Shop Assistance
- Musical Healing
- Patient information via Information Desk
- Delivery of floral and gift baskets to patients
- Escorting and discharging of patients
Minimum Volunteer Requirements Include:
- A commitment of at least 64 hours
- A two step TB (tuberculosis) clearance
- Attendance at an orientation session
- Parental permission (if 15-18 years old)
An agreement to serve with C.A.R.E. (Compassion, Aloha, Respect, and Excellence)
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer, you can link to the Volunteer Application forms below, or call Queen's Volunteer Services during normal business hours.
Information regarding the 2014 Queen's Medical Center Summer Student Volunteer Program will be available at the end of March 2014.
Adult Volunteer Application–QMC Honolulu
Teen Volunteer Application–QMC Honolulu
Adult Volunteer Application–QMC West O’ahu
Teen Volunteer Application–QMC West O’ahu
Download a Printable Map to this Department